Monday, August 24, 2015

Sheesh, it has been awhile!!!

We have been working on the house like crazy over the last few weeks on the house and it has left me with little energy to blog. Sorry!

I realized today that this weekend marked the first time, in I really don't know how long, that we have honest to goodness flooring everywhere. Not all of the floors are finished, but the joy of not walking on nappy old sub floor....BLISS!!!

Here is a quick update of what has been going on:

The Farmhouse is all painted (minus a second coat on one door). Katy Esser, you are amazing! I was looking at The Farmhouse from the street and it is hard to tell where 1909 ended and 2015 begins. So beautiful! I am telling you, if you need an architect, call Katy!

 I painted C's room, but we had a little hiccup. She really wanted a purple room and the color we chose turned out to look more pink than purple when I put it up on the walls. She was so sweet about talking to me about it and I can't fault her for having second thoughts after seeing it on the wall. (I have only done the same thing 4 times since we moved.) We all packed into the car and back to McLendon's we went. They were able to re-tint the original paint to the new purple color she loves. Success!

First color

New Color

My assistant....he only got a little paint on him!




C really wanted 2 chandeliers and we decided to go with sparkly ones. I have to say, I would have loved these when I was little.

Michael laid the new fir floor in the kitchen and I finished them with StreetShoe water based finish. This is the same type of finish that they use on basketball courts. Now, I didn't use that shiny finish; I went with the satin finish. It is also the most forgiving finish on high traffic areas.

 
 Salvaged cabinets installed.







 Look! Look! See that? There are actual cabinets and counters in the kitchen. I almost died and went to Heaven when Moose installed the garbage disposal. 


Finally, finally, finally it is time to put the floor in our bedroom and closet. 
Such a lovely photo of me. Just direct your eyes to that cute little man streaking through the frame.




Matt worked like crazy this weekend to lay the floor. He is getting so good at this....I am thinking about where else we can use his skills????


I love these two photos. E had snuck into C's room and absconded with some Polly Pocket shoes and then decorated our room. 

C was less than thrilled at discovering his hiding-hole. 

Michael has also put tile into both the kids' bathroom and our bathroom. More photos to come!


1 comment: