Sunday, July 19, 2015

Drywall

This is the bottom....the absolute bottom. Every time I have complained before about a shrinking house has been nothing compared to this. It is kinda like when you complain about being tired before kids...you have no idea what tired is. Well this is like that.

The drywall delivery came early on Friday, ie 7:15 AM. I wasn't quite prepared for that, but C, N, and E loved seeing the crane lift the load of drywall. It is amazing how quickly they can unload sheets and sheets of drywall and then get on their way.


Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, has to be moved out of the drywallers way....so we don't have a square inch of extra space and I think it might cause me to lose my ever-loving mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One day, after I have recovered from this remodel, I will be mortified that I posted these pictures.....



They arrived at 10 on Saturday. This weekend the temps have been in the mid 90's. I would do hard labor early in the day, but okay. They left at 4 with the kitchen, pantry, and bathroom pretty much done. It is so exciting to really see things become real... it almost makes me look past the dry, white dust that is EVERYWHERE.

This is one hot kid.




Before






After....



My little 2 foot by 4 foot counter is gone.

Pantry

Trying for a little privacy for the bathroom.


Back door and the mudroom. The fridge does not belong there.

Cleaning up is not on their To Do list. Good thing the kids were great about picking up scraps and nails while I vacuumed. They didn't get done with most upstairs until 6:30 PM on Sunday. It is destroyed from their work, but most of the rooms have drywall. It is a win in my book.



 Master entrance (and dumping ground)
Master closet




 N is a man on a mission! No screw, nail, or piece of metal will miss his magnetic roller. He has been such a hard worker.
C checking out the screw removal.





C screamed in delight when she saw her room.


Not much maybe to you, but there haven't been walls up here in a long, long time. 

 More master...


E checking out the Potty Palace (copying Moose's commode's name). Matt is talking about putting a TV in there! No way-- he will never come out!

 Mater bathroom. The tub will be on the far wall.



In other news: Henry! He has only been with us a week, but he has proven to be such a gift. I believe when you get a gift like this, it has to come from God. He does things that remind me of Lucy, but brings his own gifts. 
Notice the sweet little speckles...just like Lucy. He has the cutest little under bite. 

Generally, he sticks super close to us, but has taken some solo tours of the neighborhood that have taken some years off his Mama's life. N has told me several times how happy he is now that we have a dog again. C can be found cuddling with him and he lovingly follows her as she talks to him. E has progressed from saying "Ewww" every time Henry kisses him to petting him. He says "Enry" too. I have learned that he has picked up on the fact that Henry can make things he doesn't like to eat disappear. Today his little sweet voice called "Enry....Enry!" I found the strawberry I gave E on the floor where Henry was napping. He didn't like it either, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment